My Personal Experience of Highly Beneficial Deep Tissue Massage


Although there are various types of massages such as hot-stone massage, Swedish massage, Sports massage, Aromatherapy massage, and reflexology to name a few. One of my personal preferences is deep tissue massage as it offers an optimum solution to get rid of chronic aches and pains in the body. Well, massages are one of the best ways to help relax your body and maintain peace of mind.

 One of my friends asked me regarding this particular treatment, and now with my personal experience, I am sharing what you can expect during the therapy. No doubt, at first I was quite scared whether the therapy will be hurting or will it work on me and many other queries were continuously circulating in my mind but as soon as I met the massage therapist in Reno from Mei-Li Soothing Massage, an Asian massage salon. She really made me feel at ease and comfort. She explained to me that “deep tissue massage” mainly focuses on the deep layers of the muscles and connective tissues reaching deeply with the acute or intense pressure applied on the affected areas of the body. Although the technique and movement are quite similar as a Swedish massage, the pressure formula is different.

deep tissue massage in reno


It is primarily used for chronic aches; contracted pains on areas such as low back pain, upper back, stiff neck, sore shoulders, and muscle tightness which I guess most one of us suffer due to our work schedule or may be other health issues.   

During the treatment, you will observe massage therapist may use fingertips, hands, elbows, knuckles, and forearms. In the beginning of the massage, lighter pressure is applied, actually, it is usually performed to prepare and warm up the muscles. Apart from these, different techniques are also applied such as Stripping and Friction to relieve adhesions and realign tissue fibers. Well, for me it was a great relief and I felt like I’m in seven clouds!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the massage session. She strictly suggested me to drink enough water to flush the metabolic waste from the tissues after the massage.

Surprisingly, I didn’t feel any serious pain apart from just an expected degree of discomfort at the beginning of the therapy. In my opinion; I will recommend you to tell the therapists if you certainly feel any severe pain throughout your massage session so that the therapists adjust the techniques accordingly because different body types may entail different requirements.

What did I Learn about Deep Tissue Massage?
·         It breaks up scar tissue.
·         It deals with Osteoarthritis Pain.
·         Helps in the recovery from injuries such as falls and sports injury.
·         Relieves upper back or neck pain.
·         Helps to correct postural problems.
·         It reduces stress and muscle tension.
·         Improves blood circulation in the body.
·         People with tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome can also be benefited.

Comments

Popular Posts